streams

streams

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

No Room

“And she gave birth to her firstborn son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.” (Luke 2:7 NASB)

We have a guest room in our house, sort of. This room also  functions as an all-purpose storage room. It holds our extra furniture, the dog crate, cameras, hobby stuff, winter coats, books we never read, and all sorts of other odds and ends. If and when we have guests, we move a few things out of the way--but, to be honest, there isn’t much room.


My mornings have been chaotic lately. I used to spend the first few hours after I woke up studying the Bible, praying, and writing. But lately, that time has been cut short by other activities and interests.  I’m not sure how this happened.


It’s especially difficult to make room for Jesus when life is chaotic. We convince ourselves that it’s just a short-term issue--once the  ____  concern is resolved...then, we will have space in our lives to focus on God.  But it doesn’t work out that way. As soon as one thing is taken care of, a new issue pops up.


We must intentionally vacate space in our lives--carve out uninterrupted time. Figure out when you have the most energy and when your mind is at its best. Do not allow anything else to encroach upon this holy ground. Stay quiet. Listen. Think deeply.  

Lord, I need Your help. I want to keep my time with You uncluttered, but I keep sliding back into old habits. Show me how to rearrange my priorities. May I always make ample room for You in every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment