streams

streams

Monday, October 24, 2016

Spirit Dance

“My life is God's prayer." (Psalm 42:8 MSG)

Music, writing, and speech have all been a part of Christian worship for a long time. During the early ages of Christianity, visual art forms, such as paintings and sculpture, were also common forms of spiritual expression. The Old Testament mentions King David “dancing with all his might before the Lord.” Liturgical dancing is gaining popularity as an expression of worship in modern day Christian communities.

Prayer is communion with God.  I am more and more convinced that prayer is the answer to everything; not just praying to Jesus, but allowing Him to pray through us. Could my life be an expression of God’s prayer? What can I do to allow the Spirit to sing, dance, speak, and paint through me? How can I participate? Is my life conducive or hindering to the flow of His power? When people observe my life, do they see me or Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment