streams

streams

Monday, October 3, 2016

Soul Purpose

“My soul magnifies the Lord.” (Luke 1:46 ESV)

Magnifying lenses have many purposes. They are found in hand-held magnifying glasses, eyeglasses, microscopes, binoculars, telescopes, cameras, jeweler’s loupes, etc.  Most commonly, they allow us to see things more clearly. A magnifying lens can also be used to concentrate the sun’s light to start a fire.

It’s important to care for your lenses and keep them clean. I use my eyeglasses every day. When they get smudgy, I breathe warm condensed air on the lenses and wipe them down with the edge of my shirt. I keep them in a protective case so they don’t get scratched up.

Our souls were made to magnify the Lord. God can use us in many ways to accomplish His purposes. He may hold us up so others can see Him more clearly. He may use us to concentrate the Son’s light on a certain situation-- to spark someone’s dry faith on fire. The Lord cares for our souls. He breathes His Spirit on us. He wipes us clean. He is protective. He points us in directions that glorify Him.  He angles our lives to suit His objectives.

“Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together!” (Psalm 34:3 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment