streams

streams

Monday, July 12, 2021

Backing Out


“Don’t be drawn in by the hypocrite, for his gracious speech is a charade, nothing but a masquerade covering his hatred and evil on parade.” (Proverbs 26:25 TPT)


My dog has learned how to back out of his slip leash. If we are leading him in a direction where he does not want to go--he just stops walking and pulls his head abruptly backward. The oppositional force of us walking forward and him pulling back allows him to get free. I’m impressed that my dog figured out this technique. 


I’m still learning how to back out of unhealthy situations. When others are directing me to go where they want me to go and do what they want me to do, I follow grudgingly. I recognize that they are stringing me along with their insincere speech, yet I am reluctant to make a scene. If I stop suddenly and pull back, my opposition would create conflict and bring criticism. My preference for comfort and approval makes me keep my head down. I go along to get along. Instead of following my true calling, I succumb to the charade and join the hypocrites in their parade. 


No comments:

Post a Comment