streams

streams

Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Reminders of Truth


I won’t hesitate to continually remind you of these truths, even though you are aware of them and are well established in the present measure of truth you have already embraced.” (2 Peter 1:12 TPT)

I was looking through one of my kitchen cabinets where I keep odds and ends when I found a knife sharpener that I forgot I had! It’s not something I use frequently, so I must have put it away in the back of the cabinet and forgot about it. Once I found it, I took out all my knives and sharpened them. Then I put the knife sharpener with the knives where I was likely to notice it. 

Isn’t it nice to have reminders of things you already know but have filed away in the back of your brain? 

I notice that I receive reminders of truths regularly. These are not brand new discoveries, but things I’ve been vaguely aware of for years. Sometimes I pay attention and incorporate this knowledge into my current choices. When I am not ready to face certain uncomfortable realities, I stuff them back in the deep recesses of my mind.

The Holy Spirit continually brings up truth to the surface. It is up to us whether we make it a part of our lives. Until we become firmly established in the present measure of truths, we are unable to grasp new information. Thus, it is imperative for us to review and embrace what has already been unveiled. There is so much more for us to learn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment