streams

streams

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Dropping My Nets


“Immediately they dropped their nets and left everything behind to follow Jesus.” (Mark 1:18 TPT)


Many of the first disciples of Jesus were fishermen. When Jesus called out to them, they immediately dropped their nets and left everything to follow Him. They literally left their livelihood and their families--without hesitation.  


Everything that was familiar and comfortable--Dropped!


Everything that made them feel self-sufficient and competent--Dropped! 


Everything that gave them a sense of identity and belonging--Dropped


I wish I could say that I respond to Jesus the way these early disciples did. Instead, I cling to my nets of familiarity, comfort, sufficiency, security, competency, identity, and belonging. I dawdle and procrastinate. I find ways to serve while maintaining my current lifestyle, belief patterns, and traditions. I get caught up in these nets. They hold me back. I fall behind. 


Jesus, You call each of us to follow you. Yet, some of us are attached to our nets and reluctant to relinquish our way of life. Grant us the supernatural power to drop everything and accept your invitation--immediately, joyfully, boldly.


No comments:

Post a Comment