streams

streams

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Look Where God Points


“Then I was constantly at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence, rejoicing in his whole world.” (Proverbs 8:30 NIV)


The Crow and the Pitcher, one of Aesop’s Fables, tells the story of a thirsty bird. The crow finds a container with a little water on the bottom that it cannot reach with its beak. The bird picks up nearby pebbles and drops them into the pitcher until the water rises to a level that is accessible. I’ve always thought this story was far-fetched--until I saw a video of a bird doing exactly this! 


I have learned to be observant and creative like the birds. These days, I keep my senses open for stashes of joy. I look where God points; He never disappoints. I make note of absurd delights that surround me. I deposit these gems carefully into my mental reservoir. When I am desperate and thirsty for refreshment, these little moments of gratitude allow me to access the joy that is beyond my circumstantial reach. Day after day, I remain close to the Lord, rejoicing in His presence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment