streams

streams

Friday, July 2, 2021

Savor the Savior


“Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn.” (Hosea 6:3 NLT)


My favorite way to eat ice cream is with a tiny spoon. I like to take a small bite, wait for it to melt in my mouth, and feel the sweetness spread through my senses. A friend of mine prefers her ice cream in a cone. She takes small bites from the edges and works her way gradually to the middle. We each have our own unique ways of savoring ice cream. 


Over the years, I have discovered many unique ways to enjoy being with God. In the early years of my faith journey, I became enamored by anything that helped me understand the Lord. I loved reading the thoughts of great thinkers that came before me. In the middle years, I found comfort in fellowship with other seekers. Group worship, prayer, and study provided structure and support. I learned that the Lord is near, even when I cannot sense Him. I prayed for awareness and intimacy. These days, I relish being alone with God.  I luxuriate in His presence, taking my own sweet time to appreciate His goodness. I share every thought, and lean in to hear His response. In quiet solitude, I savor my Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment