streams

streams

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bringing out the Flavor

"You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? " (Matt. 5:13 MSG)

I went on a low-sodium diet for about a month. Everything tasted bland. I tried to compensate by adding other spices. But without salt, non of the other flavors made an impression. I lost interest in food. Eating seemed pointless.

How can we bring out the God-flavors in ourselves and others?

I like to taste the food as I cook, feel the texture to see if something is done, smell the spices, see when the meat is browned, and the onions are translucent. Sometimes I get distracted by the phone, TV or radio and I burn the food.

Bringing out God-flavors involves paying attention. I think every person is flavorful in their own way. We have to taste, feel, stir, and add a little of our own salt to draw the flavors out. We have to listen and be involved. We need to sprinkle affirmation, validation, and pour on the love...Share the godliness that lies within us, as well as bring out the God-flavors in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment