streams

streams

Monday, January 2, 2012

Foot prints in the Dust

Foot Prints in the Dust

The other day, I needed to change the time on a clock in the basement. It was too high for me to reach, so I found a stool in the corner that we hardly use... and pulled it next to the clock, stood on top and reached the clock and changed the time. When I got off the stool, I noticed my foot prints in the dust. Ok... so most people would think: "this place needs to be dusted!" Maybe because I hate dusting, I had a different reaction... I thought about all the people that are isolated, in dark corners, craving attention, needing to feel that some one cares. How can we make an impact, a human foot print, in these dusty lives?

We can reach out to people who are isolated. Pay attention to them, listen. Care for them. Get involved in the details of their lives. Acknowledge the difficulties that they face. Be there for them. Share our lives and our days with them. Make them feel useful again.




No comments:

Post a Comment