streams

streams

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pardon our mess

Recently, I read this sign at our bank: "Please pardon our mess while we undergo renovations."

Construction sites are always messy. Any time we are in the process of building, we have to expect some chaos. I have several building projects going right now. Some within myself, and some along side my family and friends. Every change creates disarray in my life.

For example, my quiet time in the morning is changing. I used to have almost an hour and a half to quietly sit in my big comfy chair, sip coffee, read scripture, think and pray, all before my family woke up. My "new and improved" quiet time involves writing, so now I sit at my desk. I've also taken 30 minutes out of it for exercise. I feel a bit disoriented by all the changes.

I've also been trying to give more of my time and energy to others. This involves getting my hands dirty. People misinterpret my intentions. Boundaries are trespassed.  Every one feels uncomfortable...inconvenienced. 

The disorder makes me want to quit building, go back to the familiar. Remodeling is stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment