streams

streams

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dead Ends


Children's activity books routinely have maze games where you draw a line from the start position and find a clear path to the finish without hitting dead ends.

I have made some choices, that led to other choices, that eventually led to dead ends.

There are only two options at this point. Stay and beat yourself up, or turn around and try a different path.

Or, If you're like me, you could convince yourself that you like dead-end streets and build yourself a home and get comfortable ;-)

If I could have the foresight to see where some of my choices would lead me in the future, I might select different paths. Meanwhile, I use my hindsight to tell others about my mistakes, so they won't have to back track as much.

Lord, grant me discernment and a sense of direction. Please lock doors that lead to emptiness.
 

 

1 comment: