streams

streams

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Stretch Marks

"Keep open house, be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven." (Matt. 5:16 MSG)

Only a few of my closest friends have seen my stretch marks. It's not that I'm ashamed of having them, it's just private. My friends are often surprised when I reveal my imperfections. Yet, instead of repelling them, my flaws tend to make others more comfortable. My transparency leads my friends to open up even more.

Now, if I stopped there, it would be a nice gal-pal moment... but that would be it. Instead, as I expose my scars, I reveal God's work through all if it. As I stretched and grew, God was there with me. He was with me in the fear, the waiting, the pain, as well as the joy. This leads others to trace their own silver scars and remember God's grace. God is visible in our scars.  

1 comment: