streams

streams

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Rebuilding with words

"I will rebuild you with stones of turquoise, lay your foundations with sapphires..." (Isaiah 54:11 MSG)

I've always liked this verse about restoration... partly due to the bling factor.  Yet, God has chosen to remodel and restore the broken parts of me through precious words.  Sometimes the words came in the form of scripture verses. Sometimes through other books, podcasts, songs, good friends and sometimes just as a thought in my mind.

I haven't always been able to pay back my friends for their opportune words that were placed at the right time and place in my life. But, I have tried to pay forward what I haven't paid back.

"Right now you have plenty and can help them. Then at some other time they can share with you when you need it. In this way, everyone's needs will be met." (2 Cor. 8:14 NLT)

If you have words of encouragement, comfort, wisdom... share it with those who might need it. Then, when you need it, others can share with you and everyone can be rebuilt.

"Keep each other's spirit's up so that no one falls behind or drops out.... Pray that I'll know what to say and have the courage to say it at the right time" (Eph. 6:18-19 MSG)

1 comment:

  1. I like the use of the first person, the personal pronoun. :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete