streams

streams

Monday, January 16, 2012

A New Vehicle

I used to drive an old unreliable car during college. I was always nervous that it would break down when I stopped at a red light. It didn't have power steering. It responded really slowly. I got in the habit of driving timidly and fearfully.

After college and marriage, we got a new shiny sports car. Although it was a completely different automobile than my previous one, my driving habits remained the same. Other drivers would look at me quizzically, as I drove over-cautiously and slowly in this powerful machine.

I thought of all this today as I read the following verse:

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline."  (2 Tim.1:7 NLT)

We no longer have to be timid, afraid, wimpy or wishy-washy. God gave us HIS Spirit, which is powerful, passionate, and disciplined. We are operating a whole new vehicle. It's time to Zoom!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah. Another good one. I like the image of you driving in that sports car. I can totally see it. Now, will you drive down and see me sometime?:)

    ReplyDelete