streams

streams

Monday, January 9, 2012

Light bearers

"You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand--shine!" (Matt. 5:14-15 MSG)

When my husband is fixing something under the sink, I become his plumber's assistant. My job is to shine the flash-light on whatever he's working on. Well, I can't see what he's working on, because he's already filled up the space under the sink with his body and elbows, so I'm usually sitting near his feet trying to just shine the light near his hands. Sometimes, my attention wanders, and the light wanders with it. He usually says something and I get the light back where it needs to be.

God calls us to be light-bearers, to shine our light on whatever He's working on. We are to sit at His feet, yet have our eyes on His hands. If our eyes wander, so does the light.  Somehow, God gets our attention, so that the spot light gets back on His work.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I remember my dad correcting me when "helping" him like this. Cool analogy.

    Do you like how I clicked and came to your site?:)

    ReplyDelete